Just thought I’d share what I’ve found about installing WhatsApp on Tablets without sim support.
Use this version, WhatsApp version 2.8.4776
1. Install WhatsApp, once installed, close the app without running it.
2. Install AppGuard (Appguard apk: SRT AppGuard
(don’t worry about the German, the app is in English. This also can be
DL using your N7, but you’ll have to click and hold the “Download der
appguard.apk” and Save link as.))
– Start up open/run appguard.
– Select “Secure a new app”
– Select “Whatsapp”
– Appguard will take you through 3-steps:
- Scan and secure
- Uninstall existing application
- Install secured
Whatsapp Permissions by removing the setting for “Phone calls – read
phone status and identity”
3. Download and install Bluestacks on your PC: BlueStacks App Player
4. Select “Messaging” and install WhatsApp on your PC.
5. Input your mobile number. You should get a text with the 3-digit verification code. Be patient, it can take few minutes.
6. Once you have your code, go back to your tablet, run WhatsApp, press menu (3 dots on bottom right corner) then input the code.
And you’re done!